Ask A LIFE Coach:
HOW TO PRACTICE GRATITUDE
Gratitude is our key to happiness. The more grateful we are for what we have the more we attract what we want in the future. As a life coach, I am a huge believer in the law of attraction. When we focus on the things that we want, that's what will come to us. It works in reverse too, if you focus on what you don't want that's what will come to you. Another benefit of gratitude is that it shifts our energy from a negative mindset to a positive mindset because we're happy for what we have today in the present. How can you have an attitude of gratitude today?
Here are my life coach tips for how to practice gratitude:
1. Start a gratitude journal. The gratitude journal is your space to sit back, relax and reflect on all of the great things that are around you. You can write in an essay form about an experience you're grateful for or you can do a running list of what you're grateful for. I prefer the latter and suggest you try writing down 10 things you're grateful for each morning. It's a great way to start your day with a positive mindset.
2. Give a compliment to someone! When we build people up we're creating a more positive effect in the world. In addition you can also start a conversation. Be an active listener and be present. When we do this during a conversation we're able to be grateful for the person we're talking to. We can be grateful for them sharing their stories, teaching us or taking the time to slow down.
3. Don't criticize, condemn or complain. This is a Dale Carnegie rule and I feel like it could benefit all of us. When we stop judging people (comparing ourselves to others) we're able to truly appreciate who we are , what we have and what we've accomplished. This tip is one I constantly use with my young professional career & life coaching clients.
4. Directly express gratitude to someone ie say thank you. When we communicate our gratitude for someone and who they are or what they've done we're able to see those around us in different light. We can appreciate the little gestures and in turn the person feels appreciated and a greater sense of self worth! Positive vibes will be flowing!
5. Pay it forward. Acknowledge kindness and what you have and help someone else get what you have. It can be as simple as buying a coffee for a random stranger. You never know the ripple effect you'll create in the world.
wANT MORE TIPS AND TRICKS? cLICK BELOW!