Stop asking why is this happening to me.
April 3, 2018
12 Pivotal Questions Every Leader Should Ask Part II.
January 30, 2018
12 Pivotal Questions Every Leader Should Ask
January 4, 2018
Life threw another curve ball yesterday...
March 23, 2017
What would you do if you could not fail?
March 21, 2017
How to stop people pleasing
March 1, 2017
Are you invisible at work?
February 21, 2017
How to get out of a rut
February 8, 2017
13 Mistakes to Stop Making at Work in 2017
December 28, 2016
How to Create New Year's Resolutions
December 13, 2016
From Shame to Shine: You are beautiful, right here, right now
November 30, 2015
5 Tips For Updating Your Resume
December 5, 2015
Jenn DeWall, Denver Life & Career Coach for Millennials, Motivational Speaker
Want to be more successful in 2017? Want to earn a raise or get a new job? Then these tips are for you! Make 2017 your best work year yet by avoiding these mistakes.
1. Looking vertically and not laterally for promotions. Don’t limit yourself by thinking the only way for growth is up. You’ll develop a broader skillset by looking laterally.
2. Bad attitude. If you really hate your job, quit or change your attitude. Work can be as amazing or painful as YOU choose it to be.
3. Saying yes to everything. Want to move up? Stop getting bogged down in menial tasks that aren’t developing you.
4. Getting drunk at work functions. Yeah, it might sound like fun but your reputation is still being created whether you’re outside of work or not.
5. Not having goals. Stop wasting your time and start consciously investing in your time. Set goals and accomplishments to work towards. Bonus, it will boost your confidence.
6. Expecting someone to advocate for you. If you want success, you have to be your biggest believer.
7. Not having a mentor. A mentor is there for guidance and support. They can show you the ropes and help you prep for your future. Find one ASAP.
8. Gossiping. Talking bad about people is a reflection of your character, not theirs. Plus, it drains your energy and makes you annoyed which hurts your productivity and morale.
9. Not caring what you look like. Dress for the job you want, not the job you have.
10. Working longer and not smarter. Working long hours doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re a hard worker, it could also signal that you don’t know how to prioritize.
11. Comparing yourself to your co-workers. This only erodes your confidence and decreases your motivation. Focus on what you can do to be better and grow, not what others are doing.
12. Not having a to do list. Be more efficient and productive by writing things down. It will help you stay on task and reduce stress.
13. Not having a work life balance. Work cannot be your entire life. Enjoy a personal life that fuels you. The happier you are at home, that happier you will be at work and vise versa.
Cheers to a new year and new goals!
Jenn DeWall, Denver based International Millennial Career & Life Coach, Motivational Speaker, Confidence Expert
denver career coach
denver life coach
how to set boundaries
April 2018 (1)
January 2018 (2)
March 2017 (3)
February 2017 (2)
December 2016 (3)