Ask a career coach
How to Prepare for an Interview
Tips from a career coach
Career coach list of most common job interview questions
1. Describe yourself
2. Where do you see yourself in 5, 10 or 20 years?
3. What are your strengths?
4. What are your weaknesses?
5. Why do you think you would be a good fit for this role?
6. Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your co-worker/boss.
7. Why are you looking for a new job?
8. What would your peers say about you?
9. Tell me about a time you disagreed with your peer or boss.
10. What do you like the most or least about working in this industry?
11. What motivates you?
12. What do you know about the company?
13. What is your greatest professional achievement?
14. Tell me about a challenge or conflict you've faced at work at how you handled it.
15. What other companies are you interviewing with?
16. What are you looking for in a new position?
17. What type of work environment do you thrive in?
18. How do you stay organized?
19. Why was there a gap in your employment?
20. What's your leadership style?
21. What are your salary requirements?
22. What type of schedule are you looking for?
23. How do you manage stress?
24. What do you enjoy outside of work?
25. Why did you change industries/career paths?
26. What is your biggest career challenge to date?
27. How will you add value to this role? organization?